Back in 1996 when we just started our PhD at the University of Regensburg,
Germany, we began to realize the big difference between the price of
commercially available kits and the real value of their components.
So we began to screen the literature and the contributions of the
scientific community at the internet for protocols and recipies of common
kits. When we then started to make them on our own and used them for
our own PhD research we were quite surprised to realize that some of them
worked even better than anything we bought before. Those kits have then been
further optimized in our own lab to come up with scientific tools that
can compete in performance with any other similar kit on the market.
The link was easy to not just use these tools for our own purpose but to
offer them to the scientific community at a price with a reasonable
relationship to it's actual costs. This way precious grant money might be
spent for other, more fancy kits, pushing our customers' results and
science in general further ahead.
For this reason we started a little company to share the fruits of our
laboratorious work with our new customers. EnerGene is now slowly
becoming independent from its former connection with the University. With more time
and more customers we can now think of new ideas that will serve you even more.